The First-Gen Lounge

Share

Summer 2021: Session 182 (Tackling Mental Health Issues in North Carolina with Alicia Tetteh)

With a population of approximately 9.9 million people, North Carolina is the 10th most populated state. Of those 9.9 million people, close to 3.9% of adults in North Carolina live with severe mental health conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or major depression. (This is according to data from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, SAMHSA). What's more worrying is that only 48.2% of adults with mental illness in North Carolina seek and receive some form of treatment. The remaining 51.8% receive no mental health treatment at all. Why is that? Why is North Carolina lagging on matters of mental health? Although the private sector is making tremendous strides in combating these issues, something really needs to be done. And that involves creating solutions that help people seek help anonymously and efficiently. Check out the full session notes: www.evehudsonphd.com/2021/08/182 Book Dr. Eve: https://www.evehudsonphd.com/passthemic/. Grab your #firstgen goodies: https://www.thefirstgenshop.com/. Join The Evingerlean Worldwide Family: https://www.evehudsonphd.com/family/.


More Episodes